* 235ml milk (warm)
* 1 egg (room temperature)
* 150g plain flour
* I sachet (7g) of fast action dried yeast
* Melted butter
* JimJams 83% Less Sugar Chocolate Spread
* Add flour and sachet of fast action dried yeast to a bowl and make a well in the middle.
* Whisk the milk and egg together and slowly pour it into the well of the flour. Whisk gradually until smooth.
* Allow mixture to stand for 30 minutes.
* Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Melt a knob of butter in the pan. With some kitchen roll, wipe away the excess butter. Drop a large tablespoon (or ice-cream scoop) of mixture into the pan and cook for 1½ minutes. The pikelet is ready to flip when you see bubbles pop open upon the surface (like a crumpet). Flip over and cook for a further minute.
* Remove from pan and rest on a plate – continue with remaining mixture.
* Traditionally, the topping would be a small knob of butter but we think a dollop of JimJams 83% Less Sugar Chocolate Spread is even better!
* Eat as you would a crumpet.